Lets be real …
Personal growth is something that I think many of us strive for. I know I’m at the point in my life where I am going to become selfish. Not to hurt or push away anyone but to simply focus on me.
As I am starting my junior year of college I am starting to realize that school is going quicker than I expected! I think when being in college you are there to “find” yourself. I wouldn’t say I’m on a journey to find my self but more trying to improve and become the person I strive to be! Let me tell you it is not that easy to do!
I want to take my self on a physical, spiritual and mental journey this year. Have I figured out everything that I need to do? No. I think a healthy start for me is just realizing that I have things that I need to work on.
I’ll take a quick second and share some tips that I found on the mindset I plan on keeping to help me on this journey!
- Be practical – Now what I mean with this is be realistic with your goals! I know that with this journey it won’t happen overnight. I won’t even be a brand new person next month but I do know that over time I will see change!
- Be Honest With Yourself – With this, I would say be honest with your self completely. Take a step back and be honest about your emotions are and how you feel. Think about why you did what you did or how you even feel about yourself! This is one that I will find challenging!
- Practice Self-Reflection – When I think about practicing self-reflection I think about taking a step back and looking at your self. I think that this is an opportunity to learn a little something about you and realize what just happened! It’s your time to sit and reflect on your day, experience or moment and maybe find something to improve!
- Positive Vibes Only! – This is one that I will be very ready to do! The company you keep around you sometimes reflects on you. Sometimes you have to decide to remove yourself from certain situations. Realize that you need to do what’s best for and if someone is giving off toxic energy and you just can’t today its okay to back away.
- Be Optimistic – Lastly, with this, it means to stay hopeful and confident about the future and what’s to come. Try not to dwell on the past! Speak what you want to happen into existence!
This might be a lot to take in but just start with one step at a time. Your growth journey is for YOU! You are at a place where you are creating your journey and focus. Really take time for yourself.
“You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction”– George Lorimer
If you have gone through a journey and want to share your mindset feel free to comment below!
Its been real ✌🏾