Lets be Real …
Skin care for men and women should be a huge priority! I think most people strive for clear skin and that’s why you will see proactive commercials almost all the time! For those who aren’t familiar with proactive, it is a “beauty”/”cosmetics” company that says their products can clear your skin. Now I’m not going to knock them down but for me, it didn’t work at all!
Just like most products that you use, your skin products are something that is unique to you, that doesn’t mean that products that your friends use won’t work for you. What it means is that you have to pay attention to how your skin reacts to different products.
For example, my skin is dry and oily all at the same damn time. My forehead can be very shiny and oily and stick out in a picture 😂 but if I don’t put anything on it, it becomes sooo dry! When dealing with my entire face, I have always had bad acne, which formed bad dark spots and scars. I feel like I have tried everything, to help my acne, but also moisturize my face, as well as lighten up my dark spots! Dealing with all of that is a huge obstacle, so I hope I can help y’all figure out some things to use in different situations.
Let’s start with what you should be doing and I will go into depth about what products I use later,
- Drink Water ‼️‼️‼️ – water will help flush out all the toxins in your body as well as help replenish your skin!
- Moisturize ⬅️ – keeping your face moisturized will help your skin to look healthy and good throughout the day! Especially a good overnight moisturizer!
- Exfoliate 🤗 – exfoliating is essential to help get rid of the dead skin! You don’t have to go overboard with this! Just 1-2 times a week should help you glow! Too much might make your skin a little more sensitive which is something you want to try to avoid.
- Sunscreen ☀️ – put sunscreen on every day! It will help protect your face! Especially if you are someone who is trying to tackle dark spots!!!!
- Healthy Eating 🍎🥦 – Try a nice smoothie, it will help add the vitamins and minerals that you need which can help improve blood flow and benefit your skin!
My one main thing that I try NOT to do is …
- Keep your (my) hands off your (my) face! 🤦🏽♀️ – something that I am guilty of! But you have to realize that you touch a lot during the day and all you are doing is transferring it to your face!
After going through proactive, I started testing different products that I found in just regular stores. Although they weren’t working for me at all. Until I came across Khiel’s! Khiel’s is a company that has great skin care products, a little on the expensive side but it is something that I dont mind spending a little extra on, if it is what works for me.
Even though I found an amazing brand that worked for me, I still hadn’t put together my skin routine for a while. Probably a year or two ago is when I got serious with my skin care. Especially since I started taking a lot of pictures, hosting meetings and giving talks and I wanted clear skin when I was doing those things.
When I finally got into my routine I picked up on a few habits. Washing my face twice a day – once in the morning and once at night, in the morning the key things that I use are my sunscreen as well as an oil to help brighten up my face. For my night time wash, I will use that time to either use a bit more moisturizer and also exfoliate. I usually exfoliate at night so that I can get the sweat and other things off my face. I use my dark spot corrector morning and night!
Now a little tip for the guys who might read this, or someone who might need some skin help that you know! First thing I want to say is, its okay for guys to be serious with their skin care. Just a couple more steps other then just rinsing with water and walking out is not bad 😂. After my boyfriend sat through a few face masks and exfoliation treatments by me he finally got some products. He decided to choose shea moisture African Black soap bundle for his acne. For the times that he does use it, his face is thriving!😂
Now I know that was a lot of explaining and info but skincare is something that has also been so hard for me but i’m finally getting the hang of it! My last tip would be it’s okay to treat your self sometimes to a facial. Having an expert work on your face and clean it up a little is fine! Also depending on what brand of facemask, you can also have a little spa day of your own throw on a facemask that will help hydrate your skin before you go out! I hope some of this helps! I will put what I use below!
Its been real ✌🏾
If you have any products that you use that helps with your skin comment below! ⬇️